PTM-5A Vintage Mid-Range EQ Plug-in for Windows, Mac & Linux
The classic vintage mid-range EQ
Based on the vintage Pultec MEQ-5 mid-range EQ, the PTM-5A emulates the sought-after passive filter character, providing a versatile equalizer capable of subtle sonic enhancement or more obvious presence - highlighting elements of a mix without harshness or fatigue.
- Smooth controls with no 'zipper noise' when adjusting the plug-in settings.
- Physically modelled rotary control modes.
- Ideal for acoustic instruments, drums and vocals, the PTM-5A perfectly complements the more familiar PTC-2A Vintage Program EQ
- Transformer-coupled valve / tube amplifier emulation enhances the desirable vintage tone.
- Innovative processing models analogue filter behaviour - without additional latency or high CPU demand.
- Valve / tube emulation adds subtle character even with the EQ section bypassed.*
System Requirements - Windows:
- 32Bit Systems: Windows 7 or newer and a VST compatible host application.
- 64Bit Systems: Windows 7 or newer and a VST, VST3 or AAX compatible host application.
- Requires macOS v.10.8 - v.10.14
- An AudioUnit, VST, VST3 or AAX compatible host.
- An X11 compatible Linux distribution.
- A Linux VST2 compatible host.
|•||Win / Mac AAX Native||V3.0.0 / V3.0.0|
|•||Windows VST2 64Bit||V3.0.0|
|•||Windows VST3 64Bit||V3.0.0|
|•||Mac Audio Unit 64Bit||V3.0.0|
|•||Mac VST2 64Bit||V3.0.0|
|•||Mac VST3 64Bit||V3.0.0|
|•||Linux VST2 64Bit||V3.0.0|
|•||Low-mid frequency peak filter||Constant Q peak filter switchable to 200Hz, 300Hz, 500Hz, 700Hz and 1kHz, with up to 10dB of boost.|
|•||Mid frequency dip / cut||Constant Q cut filter, switchable to 200Hz, 300Hz, 500Hz, 700Hz, 1kHz, 1.5kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz, 4kHz 5kHz and 7kHz, with up to 10dB of cut|
|•||High-mid frequency peak filter||Constant Q peak filter switchable to 1.5kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz, 4kHz and 5kHz, with up to 8dB of boost.|
|•||Physical Control Modelling||Replicates the 'feel' as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.|
|•||Passive Filters||Passive filter emulation maintains the smooth frequency response and desirable control interaction of classic vintage designs.|
|•||Transformer-coupled gain stage||Similar to vintage Pultec style EQs, the passive filters are followed by a transformer-coupled tube amplifier stage which further enhances the vintage qualities.|
|•||Analogue Filter Modelling||Analogue Filter Modelling algorithms recreate natural analogue filter curves, without requiring high sample rates or CPU intensive upsampling, allowing more plugin instances in a typical DAW.|
|OS / System Compatibility|
OS / System requirements based on typical representative configurations and host applications. Be sure to check compatibility with the free demos provided.
Earlier versions: [ PTM-5A V2.0.1 ]
*The AAX Plug-Ins are designed for use with ProTools 11 & 12. Limited support for use with ProTools 10 is also available.
**Linux compatibility is dependent upon operating system components, configuration and host application(s). Please check compatibility using the free demos.